- HNI India does not intend to offer the Site or Services to any individual resident in European Union or European Economic Area. However, we cannot limit Visitors or Users accessing the Site. In such situation, we wish to highlight that Personal Information collected and processed for such individuals is as per Indian laws.
What Personal Information we collect and why?
- Site is designed to enable your browsing through our products, provide you details of our dealers and store location, enable you to purchase and make payments and provide Services.
- Personal Information refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate the person, to whom such information pertains including, but not limited to, IP address, name, physical address, email address, phone number, cell phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, identification number and credit card information and other information such as gender, occupation and other demographic information.
- Personal Information collected includes:
- basic identification information like salutation, name, surname, IP address
- contact information like phone number, e-mail address, mobile number, address
- device and hardware information for synching and seamless access
- payment gateway related information like name and card number, we do not collect any information that is protected through encryption
- information on how you use the Site through third party cookies such as browsing duration, items clicked, items viewed
- Location information
- information from other sources using your e-mail address or other information through search over internet or your social media account or third party cookies
- Apart from use of Site and Services, we process Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you
- synching of devices and improving your experience while using the Site
- providing information required by you regarding our operations
- improve navigation and customer experience by providing customised advertisement, marketing and promotion of our Services
- obtaining feedbacks
- analytics and market study, trend research, research and statistics to understand user needs for the Site and Services
- development of new products and services
- improve and implement security measures for the Site including handling and mitigating breach risks, and providing you access with your data rights
- enhance brand awareness and Site engagement through search engine and social media remarketing lists
- redressal of complaints and grievances
- fulfilling our obligations under applicable law and the Agreement
- sharing with third parties; details about third party data transfer How do we process personal information
- any other purpose which is necessary, ancillary or legitimate for our business interests.
How do we collect Personal Information?
- directly from you such as when you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to purchase products and avail our Services, or visit our social media page, or subscribe to marketing materials; and
- indirectly from other sources such as cookies, web beacons, website traffic, information available in public domain through internet searches, analytic studies and other information that we may derive while processing Personal Information.
How do we process Personal Information?
- We collect, record, organize, structure, align, retrieve, adapt, access, review, archive, analyse, pseudonymize, encrypt, decrypt, profile, transfer, perform other related technological and manual processing activities and when no longer required, we anonymise or erase your Personal Information.
- We process Personal Information in accordance with fair, accountable and transparent processing principles as required under applicable law. Our processing practices are for communicated purposes and we take reasonable steps to minimize collection to that effect. We also undertake reasonable steps to maintain accuracy in light of processing purposes, and use technical, operational and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information.
- There will be no profiling by automated means that will adversely affect your privacy rights, and any profiling i.e., automated processing of Personal Information to evaluate certain personal attributes about you is only aimed at analysing your behaviours while using the Site. This enables us to create, improve and develop your experience as a user while using the Site, conduct market research for our operations, provide information and details that we reasonably determine you may require based on your use of the Site, and improve the Site by providing updates, upgrades and software feature requirements.
- Apart from the above purposes, please note that we do not sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information in any manner.
Will HNI India share my personally identifiable information?
- We take all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of Personal Information and follow strict controls on who can internally or externally access and process Personal Information.
- We don’t share your name or other personally identifiable information to third parties.
- We may use your IP address and share it with third parties to help diagnose problems with our servers, to manage the Site and the Service, and to enhance the Site and the Service based on usage pattern data.
- Personal Information may be shared or transferred to any person who needs access under law, third party service providers who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, or other services to HNI India, authorised HNI India representatives, contracted data processors, any third party when HNI India undergoes a corporate restructuring, and any person duly authorised by HNI India for purposes of the Agreement.
How do we store Personal Information?
- We will store and process your Personal Information for such duration as is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice and comply with applicable law. Our overarching goal is not to retain Personal Information in identifiable form longer than what is necessary, after which they are destroyed, pseudonymised or anonymised. We store Personal Information with third party cloud, Amazon Web Services, Inc., with its headquarters at 410 Terry Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109-5210, USA.
- What cookies do we use? We use a variety of cookies on the estore.hni-india.com site for several reasons. We also may use web logs, pixel tags, or web beacons, which are pieces of code that may be used to read and place cookies on a web browser, to collect information about how you interact with websites or advertisements. The sections below describe the types of cookies most frequently used on our Site and explain their use.
- Third party analytics and advertising cookies We use third party analytics and advertising tools. They collect cookies that help us to understand usage, user metrics and provide targeted advertisements, remarket and better Services. These include third party cookies like Google Analytics. These third parties may combine the information with other information that they may have independently collected about your browsing and internet activities, either from several other websites that use similar tools or from their own online products and services. These companies collect and use such information under their own privacy policies, and we are not responsible for their data protection and privacy measures. You can control and manage these cookies by visiting your browser settings and respective third party terms.
Does the Site contain links to other websites?
How is my personally identifiable information protected?
- Commensurating with the size and nature of Services, Site and allied activities, to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or improper use of your information, and to maintain data accuracy, we’ve established reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards to protect the information we collect and process. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, we can’t be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
- We recognize that the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam e-mails (unsolicited bulk e-mails) as a major concern and have taken reasonable measures to minimize the transmission and effects of spam e-mails in its computing environment. Accordingly, all e-mails received by HNI India are subject to spam check. Any e-mail identified as spam will be rejected and deleted. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, we hope to minimize the spread and effects of spam e-mails. We reserve the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam e-mails, to the authorities concerned and/or to the sender of such e-mails, for necessary action, from time to time.
How should I contact HNI India about my personally identifiable information?
- If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information or want to exercise your access or correction rights regarding your Personal Information, please write to us at: Grievance Officer, HNI India at firstname.lastname@example.org or K-52, MIDC Industrial Area, Hingna Road, Nagpur 440016
- HNI India makes material changes to this policy you will be notified by email, or other mode that HNI India deems appropriate. HNI India reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently.